Bill Stahlman is the appointed Port Engineer for America’s Central Port and serves as the Director of Engineering & Construction. With over 15 years combined experience in the construction and civil engineering field, he is familiar with all aspects of construction from initial design, bidding and procurement, to ensuring that a common-sense application of a each design is brought to construction in order to keep a project on schedule and within budget. He joined the Port in 2003 as a student intern and began overseeing construction projects ranging from building maintenance and rehabilitation to transportation infrastructure construction and utility management. Mr. Stahlman supervises a range of projects from environmental remediation and permitting to rebuilding the Ports existing infrastructure using his engineering skills while applying his site development knowledge to advance the economic development mission of America’s Central Port.
Mr. Stahlman is proficient in the areas of information technology, construction management, grading and earthwork design, site plan layout and schematic design and transportation design. His diverse exposure at the Port allows for close coordination with local, state and federal agencies which assists in ensuring each specific goal and expectation are streamlined for each individual project and development.
While not at the Port, Bill can be found outdoors fishing, camping or hiking the State Park Systems with his wife Stacey and four children.
In addition to managing the construction and engineering aspects of America’s Central Port, Mr. Stahlman lends his time and expertise to the following organizations:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association
- Inland Rivers, Ports and Terminals Association
- Board Member / Upper Mississippi River Basin Chair
Education & Honors
- B.S. Civil Engineering | Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Young Engineer of the Year Award (2011) | ASCE St. Louis Section
- Outstanding ASCE Younger Member Award (2013) | ASCE Region 7
- Named to the St. Louis Business Journal’s Class of 2017 40 Under Forty
Licensure & Certifications
- Registered Professional Engineer | State of Illinois
- Documentation and Contract Quantities Certification | Illinois Department of Transportation
- OSHA General Industry Safety & Health
- On-Track Safety (Roadway Worker, Lone Worker, Watchman, Lookout, Employee-In-Charge)
(618) 452-8450 | direct
(618) 781-3274 | mobile